Sony Music has launched its first ever music flash sales app, Album of the Day, for iPhone and iPod touch. The Album of the Day App allows music fans to access limited-time daily offers from artists they know and love.
According to the press release, the Album of the Day App includes the following features:
- Daily Offers: A new album will be released every 24 hours, available for purchase at a discounted price up to 70% off, limited for 24 hours.
- App Content: Users can view artist images, read up on the album and preview clips of the tracks from the album instantly.
- Community: Users can spread the word and share access to offers with friends through their social networks.
- Checkout: Users can purchase albums using their iTunes account and download albums directly to their iTunes library.
- First Access: Users receive a daily push notification with a new offer giving them first access to those offers.
- Variety: Albums are culled from a large and iconic library of music featuring different genres across all different eras.
The Album of the Day App launch line up includes music legends and artists such as Simon & Garfunkel, Santana, Dixie Chicks, Audioslave, Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, Kings of Leon, P!nk, Bob Dylan, Lauryn Hill, The Script, Usher, Meat Loaf, Rodriguez, Sade, Aerosmith, Alicia Keys and more. The app is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com. Unfortunately, I use Android, so I will miss out on all the fun.